Re: Job postings - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jonathan S. Katz
Subject Re: Job postings
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
I regularly get email requesting clarification on how to post Postgres
jobs.   I decided to create a wiki page that includes all the details,
and will send that to people asking:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Job_postings

Other people, feel free to use it or improve it.

Perhaps it would be worthwhile advocacy effort if we make it easier to post jobs to the Postgres website.  For instance, one link off the Python homepage you can find a link to their job lists (http://python.org/community/jobs/).

The reason I suggest this is that I view this as another way of building community, just by having resources available to showing where there are Postgres employment opportunities.  It would help create a more centralized way of providing Postgres-specific career opportunities and also give us a better sense of what companies are using Postgres professionally.  I know there are a plethora of job boards out there that already list Postgres jobs, but it would be another reason for people to visit the site, and further promote the use of Postgres ("Hey I can get paid to be a full-time PG DBA!")

 Of course we should have some level of moderation of what gets posted (I would be happy to volunteer) to prevent people from spamming unwarranted job listings.  And on the "feature creep" side, we could job postings submitted via a web-based tool be posted to -jobs when they are approved.

Thoughts?

Jonathan