Re: Unexpected chunk number - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Chris Purcell
Subject Re: Unexpected chunk number
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> "old image" - does that refer to something like an filesystem level
> backup or the restoration of a former pg_dump generated backup ?
> The former is generally NOT save (except if you followed the PITR-
> advises in the docs or similiar) with a running postmaster ...

Ah. Yes, the former, as we did not have a recent pg_dump. Oops.

Given that we are where we are, what is the best advice? Can we
recover the database, given that 99% of the data works? I can happily
drop the entire contents of the "pagecache" table, as it is
regenerated on the fly, if that will obviate the problem.

Cheers,
Chris