How to find the primary server of a hot standby server? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Rudolf van der Leeden
Subject How to find the primary server of a hot standby server?
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi,

quick question to the PG 9 community.

I can query a hot standby server if recovery is still active using the administration function pg_is_in_recovery().
Is there also a way to query for the 'primary server', i.e. which server is delivering the WAL records?

I'd like to monitor a bunch of standby servers in terms of configuration and operation.

Thanks,
Rudolf VanderLeeden
Scoreloop AG, Germany