Missing javarc file - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Jeff Hodd
Subject Missing javarc file
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
I recently downloaded OpenOffice for Mac OSX and was discouraged to
find that I couldn't get JDBC to work. It kept telling me that Java
wasn't installed. My subsequent web searches have revealed the source
of the problem which is that I don't have a javarc file anywhere. I've
tried running jvmsetup and it also tells me I don;t have a javarc file.
I've searched my entire disk and can find no file even containing
letters that suggest it might be the missing javarc file. I even
downloaded the source code in the hope it might be there... and it
wasn't. One or two of the emails from the openoffice.org sight have
also mentioned not having this file.

Where can I get a copy of javarc? And why was it not installed as part
of the OSX installation?

Jeff Hodd
Senior Systems Developer
Circuit City, Inc.