Cursor Alternative - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Charles Sullivan
Subject Cursor Alternative
Date
List pgsql-novice
I like the pgsql cursor. However, the instance that I need it in,
which utilizes Zend Framework, does not allow persistent connections
and therefore cannot use it. Some writings have suggested making a
function utilizing  for and while loops.

Being a relative newbie, I get the concept of the loops but don't
understand how I could write a function where every time the function
is called, it increments one row from the current row in the user
session and consequently displays only the one row in the result set.

If anyone could help me with some small snippets of samples, or
suggestions where to look for further information on postgres cursor
alternatives, that would be greatly appreciated.

Charles Sullivan