[Semi-OT]: How to customize locales? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Giorgio Valoti
Subject [Semi-OT]: How to customize locales?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi all, I’d like to use to_char function to return an already
formatted result set. The it_IT locale (correctly) specifies a numeric
group separator as “. ”, but I’d really want to use just “.”; not
standard but much more common.
Anyway, the problem is that I didn’t find enough about how to create a
custom locale. Does anyone have some suggestions/links?

PS Is there any way to use something like DateStyle with numbers? In
this way, you could avoid using to_char.

Thank you in advance
--
Giorgio Valoti