Re: Policy query: sponsor endorsements - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jonathan S. Katz
Subject Re: Policy query: sponsor endorsements
Date
List pgsql-advocacy

On Aug 27, 2014, at 12:55 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

The fact that EY in this case has had their logo and endorsement
posted on every conference presentation the people they sponsored have
made is not enough?

I'm not in a position to say.  Seems pretty good to me.  On the other
hand, I do have a quote from an EY person ...

We do want to "reward" companies for supporting PostgreSQL development,
and have in the past noted which companies sponsored certain features.
Otherwise this source of development funding will dry up, and it's easy
enough for us to give a company a few lines on a web page.

We have? Can you give an example, so we have something to compare to?

Yah, I'll dig.

I agree it's easy, but you need to figure out exactly who deserves to
be there. How man lines are 2ndquadrant going to get? Salesforce? EDB?
VMWare? There needs to be some sort of criteria.

Maybe something like "those things that are listed as major
enhancements" would work for that - as long as that doesn't send us
spiraling into a discussion about what gets to be listed under major
enhancements...

Agreed.

Probably this also means we need to get to overhauling the sponsors page
post-haste.

Well, this can be in effect now (https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/NewDraftSponsorCriteria) so we should do the initial reorganization.

It looks like we can organize it directly from the web admin panel, so if there are no objections, I can handle the re-org fairly quickly, and we can go from there.

Jonathan