Re: Query runs forever after upgrading to 9.3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrus
Subject Re: Query runs forever after upgrading to 9.3
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

>For cluster-wide setting you will probably want to drop that significantly -- start lower, as in somewhere around 10MB >and work up from there as necessary. For the queries you are finding slow (the reason for these emails) you can set >work_mem specifically for the session.
>Eg.
>set work_mem to '400MB';
><run your query>
>reset work_mem;

I changed it to 10MB.
The problamatic commands runs now less than 10 seconds.

wrote that max reasonable value in Windows for shared_buffers is 512MB

Is my setting shared_buffers= 2400MB reasonable in Windows ?

Andrus.