Re: [bug fix] pg_ctl always uses the same event source - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From MauMau
Subject Re: [bug fix] pg_ctl always uses the same event source
Date
List pgsql-hackers
From: "Magnus Hagander" <magnus@hagander.net>
> On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 5:33 AM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 4:51 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Did anyone actually test this patch? :)
>>>
>>> I admit I did not build it on Windows specifically because I assumed
>>> that was done as part of the development and review. And the changes
>>> to pg_event.c can never have built, since the file does not include
>>> the required header.
>>
>> I have tested it on Windows and infact on Linux as well to see if there
>> is any side impact before marking it as Ready For Committer.
>>
>> It seems to me that the required header is removed in last version
>> (pg_ctl_eventsrc_v11) where MessageBox() related changes have been
>> removed from patch as per recent discussion.  Sorry for not being able
>> to check last version posted.
>
> Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying, and I apologize if I came across a bit
> harsh even with the smiley.

I'm sorry to have caused both of you trouble.  I have to admit that I didn't
compile the source when I removed the MessageBox()-related changes.  The
attached patch fixes that.  I confirmed successful build this time.

Thank you for committing, Magnus-san, and thank you very much for kind and
repeated review and help, Amit-san.

Regards
MauMau

Attachment