Re: Installation woes via Macports on Mac OS X 10.7 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Ribe
Subject Re: Installation woes via Macports on Mac OS X 10.7
Date
List pgsql-general
On Oct 7, 2011, at 2:24 PM, René Fournier wrote:

> I've tried installation 8.4 and 9.0 on two different machines, and at the end can't start Postgresql. Here's the
basicstory:

You can't change shmall & shmmax after boot. They must be set during startup. If you're on a recent version of OS X,
youdo this in /etc/sysctl.conf.

Also the /usr/bin/postgres that you seen running is not where macports puts it and not the one you tried to start a
coupleof lines earlier, so you have something already installed on your system that is running a postgres instance.

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com