Re: [HACKERS] PG 10 release notes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tsunakawa, Takayuki
Subject Re: [HACKERS] PG 10 release notes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello, Bruce

> From: pgsql-hackers-owner@postgresql.org
> [mailto:pgsql-hackers-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Bruce Momjian
> I have committed the first draft of the Postgres 10 release notes.  They
> are current as of two days ago, and I will keep them current.  Please give
> me any feedback you have.

Thanks for a nice release note.  Below is what I noticed:

(1)
Support parallel bitmap heap scans (Dilip Kum)

This item appears twice.

(2)
E.1.3.1.4. Optimizer
Remove SCO and Unixware ports (Tom Lane)

The section doesn't seem appropriate.  Is OS-specific code related to the optimizer?

(3)
Remove documented restriction about using large shared buffers on Windows (Tsunakawa, Takayuki)

Please change the name to "Takayuki Tsunakawa".

(4)
Have to_timestamp() and to_date() check check input values for validity (Artur Zakirov)

"check" is repeated.

(5)
Use POSIX semaphores rather than SysV semaphores on Linux and FreeBSD (Tom Lane)
This avoids some limits on SysV semaphores usage.

These two lines are put in two different items.

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa