From: Tsunakawa, Takayuki
Subject: Re: Trends....
Date: ,
List: pgsql-advocacy

> [mailto:] On Behalf Of Damien Clochard
> The most difficult question I get when I'm on a PostgreSQL booth is "What
> is PostgreSQL's market share ?". I often espond with questions :
> "How do you measure that ?", "What does "market share" even mean for an
> Open Source project ?", etc. etc.
>
> These are interesting discussions but that's not what people want to hear.
> They want numbers and so far we don't have that many statistics to
> provide:

This may not be the very answer, but might be interesting:

Open source threatens to eat the database market
http://www.infoworld.com/article/2916057/open-source-software/open-source-threatens-to-eat-the-database-market.html

PostgreSQL Powers All New Apps for 77% of the Database's Users
http://www.realwire.com/releases/PostgreSQL-Powers-All-New-Apps-for-77-of-the-Databases-Usersp

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa