Kudos - Mailing list pgsql-general

From George Weaver
Subject Kudos
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Everyone,

I want to thank all those that contribute to the PostgeSQL project for such
an awesome and professional product.

I started working with 7.2 on Windows (via cygwin), then 7.3, then to 8 and
8.1.

I have been using the 8.3 branch since it first came out.

This week I downloaded 9.04 and 9.1 beta 3, both source (to build some C
functions) and the installers.

Downloading the source and compiling went flawlessly (I use minGW).

The Installer worked flawlessly (the hardest part was remembering the
postgres system password after 3 years).

Backed up several databases from 8.3 and installed on 9.04 and 9.1.  I
didn't have to change a thing.  Everything ran flawlessly.  And FAST.

I don't have large databases but they are highly normalized (70 + tables).

I make extensive use of a lot of the capabilities in PostgreSQL (xml,
dblink, triggers, functions (over 500), views, functions to create views,
psqlODBC, metadata to facilitate code generation, etc., etc.).

Of all the decisions I've made in my business, the one to use PostgreSQL
stands out as one of the best.

There is not a day that goes by that I don't think about all the people who
work and contribute in so many different ways to this wonderful effort.  And
it just keeps getting better!

To all of you:

Kudos!!!  Kudos!!! Kudos!!!

You're the best.