Re: PostgreSQL a slow DB? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From
Subject Re: PostgreSQL a slow DB?
Date
Re: PostgreSQL a slow DB?
List pgsql-novice
>> but i'm a happy customer here - and happy customers
>> stay put.  actually, i'm more than happy.  i'm
>> astounded that something like this exists under a
>> license like bsd.  astounded.
>>

> That makes two of us. We're getting ready to roll out a Logistics package
> converted from a comerical DB to PostgreSQL. We love it. Period.

3... switzerland's largest cinema website moved from sql server to
postgresql two months ago. lost some comfort (automated backups, jobs) but
gained lot of performance, stability... and last but not least, budget! ;-)

- thomas