Re: Installing postgresql 8.1.5 in a Virtual Machine? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Thomas H.
Subject Re: Installing postgresql 8.1.5 in a Virtual Machine?
Date
List pgsql-novice
>I thought that I would test PG 8.1.5 in a VirtualPC 2007 virtual
> machine. But then I read a doc item that claims that you have to have
> a real console on the PC to be able to install the server...
>
> Does this issue apply to a virtual machine built with VPC2007?

when running a virtual server, you ARE in a console session. what is meant
in the faq is a terminal service session to windows 2000. in windows 2003,
you can even install it in a terminal session when using the /console switch

- thomas