"Server versions prior to 8.0 do not support savepoints" when using JDBC ... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martin Goodson
Subject "Server versions prior to 8.0 do not support savepoints" when using JDBC ...
Date
Re: "Server versions prior to 8.0 do not support savepoints" when using JDBC ...  ("David G. Johnston" <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hello.

I wonder if anyone can assist with this?

Some of my developers are reporting that they are getting the following
message when attempting to connect to the database using jdbc:

Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Server versions prior to
8.0 do not support savepoints

at

org.postgresql.jdbc3.AbstractJdbc3Connection.setSavepoint(AbstractJdbc3Connection.java:95)

Database version is 10.5 running under RHEL 7.4. The postgreSQL jdbc
driver version they're employing is postgresl-42.2.9.

The database itself has absolutely no issues creating savepoints (I
checked it, just in case ...) so I'm assuming it must be some issue with
the driver / how the driver has been configured.

As you can see I've not been given a a lot to go on, unfortunately. Has
anyone seen this before? Is this a common issue and my google-fu has
failed me? :)

Many thanks.

Regards,

M.

--
Martin Goodson

Whatever you've got planned, forget it. I'm the Doctor.
I'm 904 years old. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the
constellation of Kasterborous. I am The Oncoming Storm,
the Bringer of Darkness and you are ... basically just a
rabbit, aren't you? OK, carry on, just a general ...
warning.