Re: Does the POSITION() function takes into account the COLLATION... or not ?!? - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Does the POSITION() function takes into account the COLLATION... or not ?!?
Date
Responses Re: Does the POSITION() function takes into account the COLLATION... or not ?!?  (Pierre-Aurélien GEORGES <Pierre-Aurelien.GEORGES@univ-cotedazur.fr>)
List pgsql-docs
On 15.02.22 17:17, PG Doc comments form wrote:
> Does the POSITION() function pretends taking into account the COLLATION ??
> or not ??
>
> - If not, then why the hell is there this error message about
> nondeterministic collations while the POSITION() doesn't care at all about
> the COLLATION...
> - If yes, then the first 6 lines of SQL above are returning the wrong
> value... (are there any specific technical limitations here ?)

I think you have that backwards.  Your examples would only succeed if
POSITION() supported nondeterministic collations, but it doesn't.