Re: Index bloat in 7.2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Julian Scarfe
Subject Re: Index bloat in 7.2
Date
List pgsql-general
From: "Christopher Browne" <cbbrowne@acm.org>

From: "Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>

> That's exactly what I'd expect ...

Thanks both.

So it sounds like:

a) the issue is controllable with a regular (and in our case, just
occasional) reindex without any long term negative consequences

b) Only a dump-restore major version upgrade (which we'll do next time we
can take the system out for long enough) will avoid the issue.

Julian