Re: "Priority Mechanisms for OLTP and Transactional Web Applications" - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Anastassia Ailamaki
Subject Re: "Priority Mechanisms for OLTP and Transactional Web Applications"
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Dann,

I am also very happy you are interested in our work. I am working inside
the DB engine and have coauthored the work you are interested in; David
will happily share code with you. The latest and greatest on my side has
to do with componentization of database systems; we are using staging to
make databases work more reliably on modern hardware and expand easily
to networks of workstations. We deal with how to do queue management and
scheduling of different queries to different components in our
architecture. In addition to ICDE 04/05, please refer to our CIDR03,
VLDB04, and SIGMOD05 papers available off of my website.

I would be happy to talk in person about any and all of this.
Cheers,
Natassa

Anastassia Ailamaki
Computer Science Department