Re: PostgreSQL 11 Release: Call for Quotes - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jonathan S. Katz
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 11 Release: Call for Quotes
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 7/11/18 9:55 AM, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
Hi,

PostgreSQL 11 is currently in beta testing[1][2] (Beta 2 was released 2018-06-28),
which means we that we are underway in terms of pulling together all of our content
and materials for the release.

One feature we always like to include in the press release are quotes from
people using PostgreSQL that help to highlight the importance and utility of
the upcoming release. For examples of quotes in recent past releases, please see:

* PostgreSQL 10 [3]
* PostgreSQL 9.6 [4]
* PostgreSQL 9.5 [5]

In this tradition, we would like to receive some quotes for the upcoming PostgreSQL 11
release that highlight how you are using PostgreSQL how the new features will impact
your experience. For inspiration, please look at the Beta release announcements[1][2], the
release notes[6], or various blog articles highlighting the new features that can be seen
on Planet PostgreSQL[7] or the community Twitter feed[8].

If you are interested in submitting a quote, please include the following:

* Your Name
* Your Organization
* A 1-3 sentence quote that highlights your usage of PostgreSQL, either around a
new feature or how PostgreSQL has helped you scale / save / develop more rapidly.

If you are submitting on behalf of your organization please ensure you have permission
to provide the quote.

Please send your submissions to press@postgresql.org no later than September 7, 2018.

Thanks!

Jonathan

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/about/news/1855/ (PostgreSQL 11 Beta 1 Released)
[2] https://www.postgresql.org/about/news/1867/ (PostgreSQL 11 Beta 2 Released)
[3] https://www.postgresql.org/about/news/1786/ (PostgreSQL 10 Released)
[4] https://www.postgresql.org/about/news/1703/ (PostgreSQL 9.6 Released)
[5] https://www.postgresql.org/about/news/1636/ (PostgreSQL 9.5 Released)
[7] https://planet.postgresql.org/ (Planet PostgreSQL)
[8] https://twitter.com/postgresql (@postgresql)

Just a friendly reminder that if you are interested in submitting a quote, you still have time, but the submission deadline is rapidly approaching (September 7, 2018).

If you would like to see where your quote would be featured, have a look at the draft of the PostgreSQL 11 press release[1].

If you would like to submit a quote, please send the following to press@postgresql.org:

    * Your Name
    * Your Organization
    * A 1-3 sentence quote that highlights your usage of PostgreSQL (see quote placeholders in press release), or how PostgreSQL has helped you scale / save / develop more rapidly.

Thanks!

Jonathan

[1] https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=press.git;a=blob;f=releases/11/en/release.en.md;

Attachment