Re: [GENERAL] Top posting.... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gavin Flower
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Top posting....
Date
List pgsql-general
On 12/05/17 05:04, Francisco Olarte wrote:
> Slightly unrelated...
>
> On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 11:21 PM, Gavin Flower
> <GavinFlower@archidevsys.co.nz> wrote:
>> It is normal on this list not to top post, but rather to add comments at the
>> end (so people can see the context) - though interspersed comments in the
>> body of the text is okay when appropriate!
> I'd rather say interspersed comments with the TRIMMED text body is the
> appropiate thing to do. Bottom posting ( edited ) being a particular
> case of that when only a single topic/question is being answered.
>
> Full quoting ( I mean the people which even quotes others signatures )
> is especially ugly, combined with top posting I feel it as insulting (
> to me it feels as 'you do not deserve me taking time to edit a bit and
> make things clear' ) ( but well, I started when all the university
> multiplexed over a 9600bps link, so I may be a bit extreme on this )
>
> Regards.
> Francisco Olarte.

Yes I should have mentioned trimming - but in my defence, I did using
trimming in my reply!

I started using the internet when I had a 2400 bps modem, in 1990.

I introduced the use of "[...]" to replace the then common "[ omitted ]"
which was being used in usenet - my very small part in Internet history.

Cheers,
Gavin