Re: PoC/WIP: Extended statistics on expressions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tomas Vondra
Subject Re: PoC/WIP: Extended statistics on expressions
Date
Re: PoC/WIP: Extended statistics on expressions  (Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com>)
Re: PoC/WIP: Extended statistics on expressions  (Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 3/26/21 1:54 PM, Tomas Vondra wrote:

> On 3/26/21 12:37 PM, Dean Rasheed wrote:
>> On Thu, 25 Mar 2021 at 19:59, Tomas Vondra
>> <tomas.vondra@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Attached is an updated patch series, with all the changes discussed
>>> here. I've cleaned up the ndistinct stuff a bit more (essentially
>>> reverting back from GroupExprInfo to GroupVarInfo name), and got rid of
>>> the UpdateStatisticsForTypeChange.
>>>

>> I've looked over all that and I think it's in pretty good shape. I
>> particularly like how much simpler the ndistinct code has now become.
>>
>> Some (hopefully final) review comments:

> Thanks! I'll fix these, and then will consider getting it committed
> sometime later today, once the buildfarm does some testing on the other
> stuff I already committed.

OK, pushed after a bit more polishing and testing. I've noticed one more
missing piece in describe (expressions missing in \dX), so I fixed that.

May the buildfarm be merciful ...

regards

--
Tomas Vondra