announcements regarding tools - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Ribe
Subject announcements regarding tools
Date
Re: announcements regarding tools
List pgsql-general
I'm not sure to whom this specifically should be addressed, but something that's been bugging me for a while:
announcementslike this morning's "AnySQL Maestro 11.7 released", where the announcement mentions nothing about platform
support.And it's not just the lack of that info in announcements; on many web sites you have to dig for a while to find
infoabout platform support, and I do not enjoy finding what looks like a nice tool, only to have to spend 5-10 minutes
tofigure out that it is Windows only.

My suggestion: all such announcements should include information about supported platforms. Any announcement submitted
withoutthat info should be rejected, and the vendor instructed to add it before re-submission.

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com