Re: Can we stop defaulting to 'ident'? - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Can we stop defaulting to 'ident'?
Date
List pgsql-pkg-yum
On 2020-05-20 17:33, Stephen Frost wrote:
>> But this leads to other questions, like, what should pg_upgrade do?
> Same as it always has- make the user deal with anything they need to
> regarding postgresql.conf?  Why would anything change with pg_upgrade?

Well, one might expect that the user at least gets some kind of
notification that something is changing.  What happens when you end up
with a mix of MD5 and SCRAM passwords in pg_authid?  Are users going to
be notified about this somehow?  Has this been thought through to the
end?  Have all combinations been tested?