Re: [DOCS] Docbook 5.x - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [DOCS] Docbook 5.x
Date
List pgsql-docs
On 9/20/17 09:00, Alexander Lakhin wrote:
> I would like to place such alternate text in an attribute
> "standalonetext" or alike, but DocBook 4.x doesn't allow for extra
> attributes, so we need to choose from:
> http://tdg.docbook.org/tdg/4.5/ref-elements.html#common.attributes
> So I decided to make alternative use of xreflabel attribute. (I believe
> that we could find something more appropriate after migrating from
> Docbook 4.2 to 5.x).)

Yeah, but that's a bit of a hack isn't it?  I also don't see anything in
DocBook 5 that indicates to me that we could get rid of that hack then.

In the interest of moving things along, I have committed my patch and
will continue working on the rest of the patch set.

Improvements are welcome and can be submitted separately, but I think
it's hardly worth it because this stuff changes so rarely.