Re: Time to start the PR machine - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Lance Obermeyer
Subject Re: Time to start the PR machine
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Have we alerted the press about the number of 8.0.x downloads?  That is the most newsworthy item over the past 6
months.

-----Original Message-----
From: Josh Berkus [mailto:josh@agliodbs.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 2:56 PM
To: pgsql-advocacy@postgresql.org
Cc: Dawid Kuroczko; Simon Riggs
Subject: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Time to start the PR machine

Folks,

> > 1. Wide press release showing the coverity results, and saying that
> > 8.1 has just entered beta. Soon.
> >
> > 2. Release notice later in the year.

This does seem like a good idea.   I know that Coverity wanted to do
something about their results anyway.

I'll work on it and bring something back.

So, if we're cutting that out of the press release, can someone draft me a
paragraph about "other nifty stuff" for the end of the 8.1 PR?  Or maybe
we should focus more on the performance improvements?

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions