Re: Nulls get converted to 0 problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Avi Schwartz
Subject Re: Nulls get converted to 0 problem
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wednesday, Jun 4, 2003, at 16:53 America/Chicago, scott.marlowe
wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Jun 2003, Avi Schwartz wrote:
>

>> I have a feeling this has something to do with the JDBC driver, again,
>> just a feeling.
>
> You may be on to something there. Have you tried setting up an ODBC
> connection to see how that works?

Unlike older versions, Coldfusion MX is Java based and does not support
ODBC connections anymore.

>>> Just because it works with other databases doesn't mean it's not
>>> broken,
>>> just that the other databases will let you do something you shouldn't
>>> be
>>> allowed to do.
>>
>> But that does not help me or any other company that wants to use
>> PostgreSQL with CF and I am sure Micromedia will tell me that
>> PostgreSQL is broken since they have no problem with other databases.
>
> That's not always true.  Where I work we went round and round with the
> folks at Crystal Reports.  Their box said it worked with "LDAP V3
> compliant" servers.  It didn't work with OpenLDAP, and we figured it
> out
> together, and they're now working on making it work with OpenLDAP.

I just posted a general request for MM to improve their support of
PostgreSQL.  We'll see what happens.

Avi
--
Avi Schwartz