Re: test data - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Johnston
Subject Re: test data
Date
List pgsql-general
You could try online yellow-pages and extract names from the HTML;  I did
this a long time ago for some reason.  There may be copyright issues to
consider but if you are using it for internal test data.......

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Andy Colson
Sent: Friday, March 04, 2011 8:42 PM
To: PostgreSQL general
Subject: [GENERAL] test data

I seem to like having more realistic test data, to that end I have collected
a large number of first names and last names over the last few years.  Now
I'd kinda like to collect business names.   I've been searching around and
cannot find anything.

I was wondering if anyone had any business names, or a place where I might
download a bunch.  I'm not interested in addresses or phone numbers or
anything other than its name.

In return I'd be happy to share my firstname/lastname list.

OR -- anybody know where I could download a phone book?

OR -- anybody know of a big database with lots of rows?

(I played with the us census tiger data... but its to geographic points, not
fun to play with) (And not wikipedia, its mostly just text, and not fun to
play with)

Thanks,

-Andy