From Alexander Law
Subject Re: Some localizable files are absent onhttps://babel.postgresql.org/
Date
List pgsql-translators
Hello Peter,
It would be nice, I could translate these files to Russian before February.
Btw, what is your opinion regarding contrib localizations?
I found that with minor modifications we can get some extensions
localizeable.
For example, see attached patch for file_fdfw.
Having the patch applied I can do `make update-po -C contrib` and get
contrib/file_fdw/po/*.pot , *.po for translation.
And postgres uses my translation when I compile translated messages and
place it in the LC_MESSAGES directory.
So I see no technical issues with translating contrib modules.
Maybe they should be maintained on https://babel.postgresql.org/ too?

Best regards,
Alexander

23.12.2016 18:06, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On 12/21/16 3:12 AM, Alexander Law wrote:
>> Please consider adding to https://babel.postgresql.org/ the following
>> .pot files for translation:
>> /src/bin/pg_test_timing/po/pg_test_timing.pot//
>> //src/bin/pg_upgrade/po/pg_upgrade.pot//
>> //src/bin/pg_xlogdump/po/pg_xlogdump.pot//
>> //src/bin/pg_archivecleanup/po/pg_archivecleanup.pot//
>> //src/bin/pg_test_fsync/po/pg_test_fsync.pot/
> We haven't branched that repository between 9.6 and 10 yet.
>
> We could do that now, if there is interest in getting started on the
> above.  Or otherwise we could do it after the minor releases in February.

Attachment