Re: External psql editor - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Reid Thompson
Subject Re: External psql editor
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 2022-04-29 at 13:21 -0700, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Apr 2022, Reid Thompson wrote:
>
> > https://linuxgazette.net/issue14/bashtip.html  may of of use.
>
> Reid,
>
> I've had no issues using joe in any v.t. running an application
> (e.g.,
> alpine) or by itself. Apparently, psql is different.
>
> Rich

I believe that psql also uses readline, so my thought was that maybe
these instructions could enable you to map the 'move' keystrokes that
you're familiar with to be used while on the psql command line.  A very
quick test seems to indicate that you can.