Re: Phone number type extension - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ray O'Donnell
Subject Re: Phone number type extension
Date
List pgsql-general
On 28/09/2019 11:13, Morris de Oryx wrote:
> For clarification, what do you mean by "phone number"? I'm not being
> dense, I'm wondering if you're looking for a type that handles only
> numbers from one country, or that can deal with the rules for a variety
> of countries.

That was my first thought also. For example, here in Ireland we have
different numbers of digits in both area code and local number depending
on where in the country you are - and in fact, we can't always agree on
where the area code ends and the local number begins! :-)

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell // Galway // Ireland
ray@rodonnell.ie