Re: [HACKERS] logical replication and PANIC during shutdowncheckpoint in publisher - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [HACKERS] logical replication and PANIC during shutdowncheckpoint in publisher
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 4/25/17 21:47, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Attached is an updated patch to reflect that.

I edited this a bit, here is a new version.

A variant approach would be to prohibit *all* new commands after
entering the "stopping" state, just let running commands run.  That way
we don't have to pick which individual commands are at risk.  I'm not
sure that we have covered everything here.

More reviews please.  Also, this is a possible backpatching candidate.

Also, if someone has a test script for reproducing the original issue,
please share it, or run it against this patch.