Re: Does it make sense to add a -q (quiet) flag to initdb? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: Does it make sense to add a -q (quiet) flag to initdb?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 10/25/16 11:26 AM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Per: https://www.commandprompt.com/blog/can_i_make_initdb_quiet/
>
> This was a question that was asked on #postgresql. Obviously we found a
> work around but I wonder if it makes sense to add a -q to solve some of
> these issues? (I could see it being useful with automation).

Well, there's always pg_ctl initdb -s (not sure why it's -s instead of
the more common -q...). ISTM it'd be better to point people that
direction, but a silent option to initdb certainly wouldn't hurt (and
would maybe simplify pg_ctl as well...)
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)   mobile: 512-569-9461