Re: Postgres DB hacked. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ron
Subject Re: Postgres DB hacked.
Date
List pgsql-general
On 8/30/20 11:58 PM, Yogesh Sharma wrote:
Dear All,
Thanks for your support.

We faced the below issue and our all DB backup data has lost.

 It seems Hacker deleted all the tables in the DB and created a single table called "warning". when I am trying to select this table so it's showing Error (relation "warning" does not exist). Hacker created one more database  "please_read_me_xmg" with single 'warning' table.

Could you please let us know how we   can secure postgres DB from hackers.Although we have specified only one IP in pg_hba.conf file instead of all.

To follow up on Pavel's comment: if the only way to access the database is through the application server's IP address, and the database was accessed... then your application server was hacked.