Re: invalid UTF-8 byte sequence detected - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Glaesemann
Subject Re: invalid UTF-8 byte sequence detected
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mar 16, 2006, at 15:39 , Wes wrote:

> That might be worth a shot.  I don't really understand the
> ramifications,
> though, especially given Tom's warning.  I guess as long as I don't
> care
> about things like sort order for those fields, it may not matter much.

I hope you didn't take my comments as a suggestion: I think you
*should* preprocess your data and use UTF8 as the default encoding
(or another encoding that includes all of the characters you hope to
use) for your database.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com