Re: BUG #5488: pg_dump does not quote column names -> pg_restore may fail when upgrading - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: BUG #5488: pg_dump does not quote column names -> pg_restore may fail when upgrading
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Jun 5, 2010, at 4:02 PM, Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine@hi-media.com>
wrote:
>> I don't think "dumps must be human-readable" is an argument to reject
>> such a switch, as long as it's off by default.  And I haven't seen
>> any
>> other valid argument either, so +1 from me.
>
> Well as Bruce said this option won't solve the OP's problem, unless
> the
> application he's using for managing the backups do use the option.

Well, that's a pretty trivial change to the backup script.  +1 from me
on providing a pg_dump option.

...Robert