Problem of a server gettext message. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hiroshi Saito
Subject Problem of a server gettext message.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi.

I think this has many problems. However, by the reason the release
is approaching, this is not the situation which I'm looking at leisurely......

Server message has a problem by 8.3beta4 on windows.

The situation is this.

1. initdb -E UTF-8 --no-locale
This is C locale.
http://winpg.jp/~saito/pg83/postgresql-8.3beta4_info2.png

2. Japanese local message of po file to setting(share/locale/ja) .

3. set the client_encoding is SJIS.
http://winpg.jp/~saito/pg83/postgresql-8.3beta4_info1.png

4. action error message is made to send from server.
It is crash....
http://winpg.jp/~saito/pg83/postgresql-8.3beta4_crash.png

5. The reason is because the message which a server outputs is SJIS.
http://winpg.jp/~saito/pg83/postgresql-8.3beta4_crash.log

Version 8.2.x outputs an English message. It did not look at a problem.
Then, I consider as LC_MESSAGE for a server message, or wish a back patch.

Is there any good solution method?

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito