Re: Extension packages not visible / available for postgres 12 yet ? - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-debian

From Sander Eikelenboom
Subject Re: Extension packages not visible / available for postgres 12 yet ?
Date
List pgsql-pkg-debian
On 04/10/2019 10:57, Christoph Berg wrote:
> Re: Sander Eikelenboom 2019-10-04 <b75c1c20-973f-dd6d-f24a-be24021fb359@eikelenboom.it>
>> My sources list contains the apt.postgresql.org repo and I don't get any error while running apt update:
>>     deb http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/ buster-pgdg main 12
>>
>> For example i can't find with apt / aptitude:
>>     postgresql-12-pgrouting
>>     postgresql-12-postgis-2.x
>
> There is no postgresql-12-postgis-2.5 package because 3.0 is already
> in the pipeline, and unfortunately we can't build both because that's
> both the same "postgis" source package, with no version number in the
> package*name. (That's why for PostgreSQL, the source packages are
> called postgresql-11 postgresql-12 ...)
>
>> Are these packages unavailable yet ?
>> If so do you have any idea when the will get available ?
>
> postgresql-12-pgrouting isn't there yet because so far, the
> postgresql-*-postgis-* packages had weird requirements wrt the
> -scripts packages being installed, and that will only get sorted with
> postgis 3. Possibly earlier, but things are unfortunately complicated.

Hi Christoph,

I got the impression it should work from https://postgis.net/ where it states:
    2.5.3 This release supports PostgreSQL 9.3-12
    You are encouraged to use the PostGIS 3.0 unreleased branch with PostgreSQL 12 ,
    which has features specifically designed to take advantage of features new in PostgreSQL 12.

But as i understand it's mostly a packaging problem.
Thanks for the info, I will just wait for postgis 3 for those specific databases that use this extension !

--
Sander