Re: 9.3 Beta1 status report - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: 9.3 Beta1 status report
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sunday, April 21, 2013 10:32 AM Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I am not sure if Tom shared yet, but we are planning to package 9.3
> beta1 on April 29, with a release on May 2.  Those dates might change,
> but that is the current plan.  I have completed a draft 9.3 release
> notes, which you can view here:
>
>     http://momjian.us/pgsql_docs/release-9-3.html
>
> I will be working on polishing them for the next ten days, so any
> feedback, patches, or commits are welcome.  I still need to add lots of
> SGML markup.

1.
.Add wal_receiver_timeout parameter to control the WAL receiver timeout
(Amit Kapila)
This allows more rapid detection of connection failure. No longer set
wal_receiver_status_interval?

I don't think we need to mention anything about
wal_receiver_status_interval.

2. I am not able to figure out which item of release notes cover the below
feature commit
Avoid inserting Result nodes that only compute identity projections.
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/E1UGCBh-0006P3-A0@gemulon.postgresql.or

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.