Crash when connected as console (was: RE: Reliability of Windows versions 8.3 or 8.4) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rob Richardson
Subject Crash when connected as console (was: RE: Reliability of Windows versions 8.3 or 8.4)
Date
List pgsql-general
To yank this thread in yet another direction:

The question of 8.3 vs 8.4 brings up a very irritating issue we have
with one client.  Originally, we had installed PostgreSQL 8.3 on his
system.  There is a program we occasionally have to use that requires us
to use "mstsc /console" to connect to his computer.  When we logged off
after connecting that way, PostgreSQL would crash.  The log file would
report error 128, which does not help us very much.

A search of the Internet found one person who had wrestled with the same
problem.  We were able to contact him.  He said that the problem went
away when he upgraded to 8.4.  So, we upgraded our customer to 8.4 (and
ourselves, while we were at it).  The problem still exists.

Has anyone else seen this problem?  Does anyone have any ideas on how to
avoid it?

Thank you very much!

RobR