Re: cleanup temporary files after crash - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tomas Vondra
Subject Re: cleanup temporary files after crash
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 3/18/21 10:44 PM, Euler Taveira wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 18, 2021, at 6:00 PM, Euler Taveira wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 18, 2021, at 5:51 PM, Tomas Vondra wrote:
>>> OK. Can you prepare a patch with the proposed test approach?
>> I'm on it.
> What do you think about this patch?

Well, that's better, bit it still does not do the trick on the 32-bit
machine - in that case a 1000 rows with int4 still fit into work_mem, so
the temp file is not created. Per my experiments about 1040 rows are
needed - soooo close ;-) So let's make it 2000.

We might as well check that the temp file actually exists, before
killing the backend. Just to be sure.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra