Cannot create unique index - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Henrik Steffen
Subject Cannot create unique index
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello all,

REINDEXING a table I get the following message:

ERROR:   Cannot create unique index. Table contains
non-unique values.

How can that be in REINDEXING ?

This means, that the index has been corrupted before,
because the index has always been unique. But somehow
the postmaster must have succeeded in inserting a non-unique
value anyway.

Now the index is corrupted, and I get every 10-15 minutes
a message, telling me the following:

The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend
died abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
I have rolled back the current transaction and am
going to terminate your database system connection and exit.
Please reconnect to the database system and repeat your query.

Haven't had this for quite a while now (using 7.3.3)

Any idea?

In my opinion this should not be possible...

--

Mit freundlichem Gruß

Henrik Steffen
Geschäftsführer

top concepts Internetmarketing GmbH
Am Steinkamp 7 - D-21684 Stade - Germany
http://www.topconcepts.com          Tel. +49 4141 991230
mail: steffen@topconcepts.com       Fax. +49 4141 991233
24h-Support Hotline:  +49 1908 34697 (EUR 1.86/Min,topc)
Ihr SMS-Gateway: JETZT NEU unter: http://sms.city-map.de
System-Partner gesucht: http://www.franchise.city-map.de
Handelsregister: AG Stade HRB 5811 - UstId: DE 213645563