Re: Postgress and MYSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chris Ochs
Subject Re: Postgress and MYSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
A good clean replication system is not available for bsd platforms as far as
I can tell, which is the preferred OS of choice for many PG installations.
I am playing around with Erserver, but the download has to be updated from
cvs or it won't even compile (corrupted file in the distribution).  It
appears to me at first glance that it is not actively being worked on,
although it may indeed work (I haven't had a chance to fully configure/test
it yet on freebsd 5).

The Erserver I downloaded is free, although I was confused also because I
found that same page that said it was $1000.  I'm still not sure if the
erserver I downloaded is the only version, or if there is a commercial
version?

Chris