Re: statement_timeout - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Marcin Mańk
Subject Re: statement_timeout
Date
List pgsql-general
> If you have it set to less than the time needed to do a vacuum, then
> yes, autovac will fail.  You expected differently?  Do you think it's
> a good idea for autovac to ignore statement_timeout?  (Maybe it is,
> but I suspect we'd get complaints about that too.)

"alter role set statement_timeout" solves my immediate problem (I did not
know about it, thanks guys). Maybe a comment in postgresql.conf, or docs:

# note: statement_timeout applies to autovacuum, pg_dump, vacuumdb etc.
# If you set it globally, consider "alter role postgres set
statement_timeout=0"

Greetings
Marcin Mańk