Editgrid text input bug - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Editgrid text input bug
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
I am concerned by the outstanding bug in the edit grid that prevents the
input of any more text than will actually fit in the column as displayed
on screen. For example, if I have a text column, if the physical width
of the cell in the grid is about an inch then I can only enter 6 or 7
characters, whether typing or pasting data.

This is the one thing that keeps me using pgAdmin II at the moment :-(

Interestingly, I've just tried this on Linux, and when viewing
pg_description, the empty edit grid appears with 'Refreshing data,
please wait...' in the task bar and then hangs.

The pg console shows:

LOG: SSL SYSCALL error: EOF detected
LOG: pq_recvbuf: Unexpected EOF on client connection

Works fine under XP...

Any ideas? I'm a bit stumped :-(

Regards, Dave.