pgAdmin Licencing Changes - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject pgAdmin Licencing Changes
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Following discussions within the pgAdmin development team, I'm pleased
to announce the following changes to pgAdmin's licence. These changes
are being implemented due to concerns raised by some parties about the
wording used in the pgAdmin Public Licence.

- All future versions of pgAdmin will be released under the Artistic
Licence.

- Previous versions of pgAdmin II will be retroactively relicenced under
the Artistic Licence AND the pgAdmin Public Licence.

Note that pgAdmin I and the pgAdmin II Migration Wizard are released
under the GNU General Public Licence and are not affected by these
changes.

For future versions of pgAdmin, these changes mean that end users and
developers are guaranteed greater freedom to use and work with the
pgAdmin code than under the old licence.

For previous versions of pgAdmin II, any user or developer may consider
the code to be under either the pgAdmin Public Licence under which they
downloaded it, or the Artistic licence if they prefer.

The Artistic licence is an OSI approved Open Source licence and can be
found here: http://www.opensource.org/licenses/artistic-license.php

Regards, Dave.

--
Dave Page