Re: Release plan - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Release plan
Date
List pgadmin-hackers

No, it's not essential, but should be tested at some point.

> I disagree. pgadmin3 should support every day work, and
> backup/restore
> is one part of it. I agree that this is some kind of advanced
> feature,
> available only to superusers after enabling the backup option.

Do you want to take the responsibility of getting the dump slightly
wrong and someone finding they've lost their data or it's been
corrupted? I certainly don't. If however, we can build in pg_dump, or
provide a front end to it and display suitable messages whenever we find
a version mismatch, then I would be a lot more happy to include such
functionality.

Regards, Dave