Re: pg_clog woes with 7.3.2 - Episode 2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: pg_clog woes with 7.3.2 - Episode 2
Date
List pgsql-hackers

OK, I've now tried a 29160N adaptor with a DPT cable (with non-removable
terminator as per the previous Adaptec cable), and have even removed the
DAT drive from the system and I still see the same sort of errors
following an initdb/reload.

A couple of things I've noticed:

- It always crashes on the same database which is some way through the
original dump file and my vacuum script. If I drop that one it may or
may not crash on another one further through the script.

- Sometimes everything works fine until I reboot the system.

I'll see if I can downgrade the kernel later today though it's all a bit
hectic with the easter break tomorrow so it may have to wait until next
week.

Still, if anyone has any more ideas, I'd be grateful...

Regards, Dave.