Re: pga2: cvs question - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: pga2: cvs question
Date
List pgadmin-hackers

-----Original Message-----
From: frank_lupo [mailto:frank_lupo@email.it]
Sent: 09 May 2003 15:22
To: Dave Page
Cc: pgadmin-hackers
Subject: RE: [pgadmin-hackers] pga2: cvs question

-----Original Message-----
From: frank_lupo [mailto:frank_lupo@email.it]
Sent: 09 May 2003 15:01
To: pgadmin-hackers
Subject: [pgadmin-hackers] pga2: cvs question

> Hi Dave,
> I have a problem to use a wincvs.
> I send to you a diff file. You applay a diff.
>  I work and create new diff. When generate diff, i not look the modify. The diff generate old modify.
> why?
>
>After I commit your patch, you must 'cvs update' to make sure you are creating your diff against the current CVS.

>Also, in VB the file headers can do strange things, so unless you have modified one of the sub projects (exporter/plugin), don't worry about it.

>If you are having real problems, send me your source tree in a zip file and I'll take a look.

>Regards, Dave.

When update using "update selection" in tree appair the file #pg...vbp
This file are in conflict, but i not modify this file. The conflict is the revision.
Why?

That is because before I commit, I rebuild all the source and the revision increments again. Unfortunately that's just a side effect of VB. You may get similar problems from the paths in the DLL/OCX names in forms.

All of these issues are safe to work around/ignore as you see fit.

Regards, Dave.