PGAdmin - saving result sets from queries where one or more columns are of the type boolean - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From John Pagakis
Subject PGAdmin - saving result sets from queries where one or more columns are of the type boolean
Date
List pgadmin-support
I've noticed this problem for a while, but haven't reported it.  Sorry.

If you run a query in PGAdmin saving the results to disk and that query
selects one or more booleans it takes orders of magnitude longer for the
result set to save to disk that it does if you do not select those columns
in the query.

I've resorted to this work-around (when I remember it, and when I don't I
curse and go get a snack <grin>):

Instead of:

SELECT       col_a,       col_b,      is_a_boolean,       col_c
FROM       baz;

If I do this:

SELECT      col_a,       col_b,      CASE WHEN is_a_boolean = TRUE THEN 't' ELSE 'f' END       col_c
FROM       baz;

I avoid the problem.

Still, I'd rather not have to remember to write queries this way, so a fix
would be much appreciated.  Thanks.

JP

"Where shall I begin, please your Majesty? he asked. Begin at the beginning the King said, gravely, and go on till you
cometo the end: then stop."        -- Lewis Carroll